03 February 2007

The Nanny and Someone Else

Oh the butler wakes the castle up
by banging pots and pans
And the cook makes all the curtains
with her swift and bony hands
But the nanny didn’t notice
when the princess ripped her dress
She was down upon the floor a-cleaning
someone else’s mess

Oh the cobbler plays the fiddle
or he doesn’t play at all
And the gardener dances as he plants
the daisies for the ball
But the nanny wasn’t watching
when the prince fell off his chair
She was tying purple ribbons up
in someone else’s hair

Oh the knight in shining armor cries
whenever he is sad
And the pageboy picks his nose
which makes the blacksmith really mad
But the nanny wasn’t looking
when the kitten drank the cream
She was staring out the window
lost in someone else’s dream

14 Dec. 2006

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sometimes read your poems out loud to my daughter! :o) Some of them I'm sure she understand better than I do.

-Sarah

Anonymous said...

that was supposed to say... "understands".

Epi.Chooses.Joy said...

I like this one! :)... I didn't know you wrote yo... Cool!