22 April 2007

Recommendations

I recommend a siesta each day
I recommend a squirrel you can teach
I recommend fresh fruit
on your hat as you stroll
with your cat on the sandy white beach

I recommend a sunny guest bedroom
I recommend whipped cream on your pie
I recommend you remember
each word to your favorite song
as you fly through the sky

I recommend a week without homework
I recommend a birthday each year
I recommend you find
a rare coin as you walk
with a friend to the end of the pier

I recommend a hot dog with mustard
I recommend a strong cup of tea
I recommend a breeze
through your hair as you float
in your boat on the warm azure sea


22 April 2007

3 comments:

ken said...

I love this poem, Travis. Infact, I'm printing it as I type... and that is not hype... for I feel it is a ripe passion filled pipe... so I have not reason to gripe.

Philip said...

I love it--like flying through the sky. Carry on, Travis, carry on!

J.B.D said...

nice words.. and so true. I Like the way u write. thanks for it. Greetings from Spain.